Offers and Onboarding
Once you have received your provisional offer, and passed your pre-employment checks and fitness assessment, you will be invited to arrange a call with a member of our recruitment team to discuss your start and training date.
You will receive an email via our recruitment platform and will be asked to self-select a convenient time for this call. Please endeavour to do this as quickly as possible as training is allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. The email will contain a statement related to a strengths-based video interview - please disregard this and simply pick the most convenient time from the options available.
During this call, we will look to arrange your start date and your attendance at Officer Apprentices (OA) Training. In preparation for your call, please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Do you have a notice period? If so, how long is your notice period
- Do you have your own transport and could drive or cycle to training if required?
- Would you be prepared to attend a residential course if required?
- Do you have any pre-booked holidays that could coincide with your training? Please note that training is 12 weeks in duration from the commencement of the training course (not your start date)
- Are you available to start up to 8 weeks before you course start date at the establishment, being paid as an officer undertaking other duties?
- Have you provided evidence of your qualifications? If not, you will be asked to complete Functional Skills Level 2
We will also provide updates on the following:
- Whether your OA course is an apprenticeship or diploma
- Information regarding your induction and foundation training itinerary